Information About Nephrology On-Demand
Powered by the Division of Nephrology and Hypertension at East Carolina University, this website is a 100% evidence-based Nephrology teaching instrument. It is programmed and maintained solely by the faculty members of ECU-Brody School of Medicine, but is intended for all those who want to learn Nephrology.
Nephrology On-Demand is intended for the following audiences:
Nephrology On-Demand is unlike existing online teaching instruments. When you register with Nephrology On-Demand you benefit from the following:
- Virtual Classroom, Discussion Board, Article Repository, and Examination tool all in one: N.O.D. consolidates 4 common online teaching services into one integrated package. With N.O.D., you can view a lecture or case conference, participate in the online discussion of that conference, read the primary sources from which the data are derived, and test your knowledge! You’ll receive a complete educational experience, from A to Z, with N.O.D.
- Resource Variety: N.O.D. is an all-inclusive teaching service. Beyond the standard text-based resources, you’ll also find audio-synchronized slides, downloadable audio clips, and video footage of conferences. No matter what your learning style, N.O.D. offers a teaching format that meets your learning needs.
- Transparent Peer Review: Ever wonder if a teaching resource is worth your time? With our 6-point peer review system, you’ll know the educational value of any teaching resource before you start your learning. Our system helps you discriminate amongst the resources that you can find on N.O.D. And once you’re done working with a teaching resource, you can grade that resource on the 6-point scale to help our authors improve their contributions for future revisions!
- N.O.D. Mobile: For a true on-demand learning experience, you need a teaching resource that can be accessed anywhere. With N.O.D. Mobile, you can work with all our teaching resources on your smart-phone or PDA. If you don’t have Wi-Fi on your device, no problem: N.O.D. Mobile is specially programmed to work with cellular connections. Just point your phone browser to the same URL and start viewing teaching resources in the palm of your hands.
- User Input: Learning doesn’t stop after you finish working with a teaching resource. Each resource has its own, independent discussion board. You can share your perspectives with other users or discuss your questions with our expert faculty.
- Data Collection: Have you wondered how popular an online teaching tool is? Are you worried that you’re using an online teaching instrument that other students are not? Or worse, that you’re overlooking a teaching tool that is popular amongst your peers? N.O.D. has partnered with Google® to gather usage data across the globe. From bounce rates to landing pages, unique page views to average time spent, you’ll know how active N.O.D. is being used.
We encourage you to register for Nephrology On-Demand by clicking here. Registration is free and allows you to enjoy the consolidated features that N.O.D. has.
We hope you enjoy Nephrology On-Demand and welcome your contributions.
Tejas Desai, MD
Developer & Editor-in-Chief, Nephrology On-Demand
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension
East Carolina University – Brody School of Medicine
(Established: September 1, 2009)
(Live Launch: January 5, 2010)