The Swan Song

Having worked on the Institute of Outdoor Theatre collection since January, the grant money used to hire graduate assistants has run out; this is my final blog post.

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone involved in the IOT and the hard work they put forward to continue the outdoor theatre tradition. Having worked directly with the collection, I have seen firsthand the amount of dedication put forth by all involved in a production. From the actors to the army of behind the scenes people, each production reflected the unique history of each state and the pride of the people residing in it. The numerous documents being conserved and processed by the Special Collections department at Joyner Library highlight this and ensures that the dedication to the plays continues long after their productions.

Finally, I would like to thank the Special Collections Department. It’s been a pleasure to work with everyone on this wonderful collection.  Special thanks to Ashley who not only is spearheading the project but took the chance on hiring me.  It meant a lot.

Adieu.

2 comments