East Carolina University will hold homecoming events Friday and Saturday with the theme, “PeeDee Goes to Hollywood.”
- Homecoming Luncheon featuring Dr. John Tucker, university historian, speaking on “Leo Jenkins’ First Year: Reflections on a Decisive Presidency,” at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Mendenhall Student Center. Contact the East Carolina Alumni Association for tickets. A walking tour of campus will follow.
- Classes without Quizzes will be presented Friday afternoon. Alumni can learn more about which stars are most visible in the fall night sky, get a culinary lesson about pairing wines and foods, or try out new classroom technology.
- ECU will honor six alumni during the weekend activities. They are Sen. Robert Morgan ’47, William “Kel” Normann ’85, Ralph Finch Jr. ’67, Marsha Moore Lewis ’76 and ’85, Emilie Tilley ’60, and Steven Wright ’78. Also recognized will be Beatrice “Bea” Chauncey and V. Parker Overton, who will receive Honorary Alumni Awards. The Alumni Awards Ceremony and Dinner will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Hilton Greenville, 207 SW Greenville Blvd. Biographical information on the honorees can be found at the East Carolina Alumni Association website at http://tinyurl.com/3f4mhl5.
- The annual ECU homecoming parade, featuring the Marching Pirates, will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday near Wahl-Coates Elementary School and make its way down Fifth Street.
- Conference USA Player-of-the-Week Dominique Davis will lead the Pirates (3-4, 2-1 C-USA) as they take on the Tulane Green Wave (2-6, 1-3 C-USA) at 3:30 p.m. Saturday in the Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium. For more about the Pirates preparation, visit http://www.ecupirates.com/.
See the East Carolina Alumni Association website www.piratealumni.com for a complete listing of weekend activities.
# # #