Robert Earl “Bob” Schellenberger, former chair of Decision Sciences in the College of Business, died May 27.
Schellenberger was active in Peace Presbyterian Church of Winterville, the Golden K Kiwanis Club, the Pitt Boys and Girls Club and Boy Scouts. Survivors include his wife, two sons and a daughter.
Faculty in the ECU College of Business have reported recent publications as follows:
An article by Denise E. Dickins (Accounting), “The importance of sample selection: An instructional resource using U.S. presidential elections,” was published in the Journal of Accounting Education.
An article by Marketing and Supply Chain Management faculty members Susan DelVecchio and Kenneth Anselmi, “Big Brother or Big Bother: E-Monitoring hte Salesforce,” appeared in the Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing.
An article by John Drake (Management Information Systems), “Searching for Alternatives: Does your disposition matter?” appeared in the Internaitonal Journal of Technology and Human Interaction.
Faculty in the ECU College of Business have reported the following recent publications:
Articles by Haozhe Chen, Marketing and Supply Chain Management:
- “Logistics Service Orientation: An Integrated Strategy to Build Logistics Service Competency” in the Journal of Transportation Management
- “Organizational Structure and Logistics Service Innovation,” in the International Journal of Logistics Management
- “Manufacturer-Supplier Guanxi Strategy: An Examination of Contingent Environmental Factors,” in Industrial Marketing Management
By Chen with John Kros,
- “Technology Emergency between Mandate and Acceptance” An Exploratory Examination of RFID,” in the International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management
- “The Adoption and Utilization of Online Auctions by Supply Chain Managers,” in Transportation Research Part E
By Chen with William Swart,
- “Human Performance in Supply Chain Management,” in the Supply Chain Forum: An International Journal.
By Management faculty Joseph Tomkiewicz with Kenneth Bass and Joanna Robinson, “Students’ Propensity Toward Business Ownership” in the College Student Journal.
At the February meeting of the BB&T Center for Leadership Developer’s Board of Directors, BB&T Eastern Region President Scott Evans presented ECU Chancellor Dr. Steve Ballard with a check for $250,000 as the third installment on a $1 million gift to the center. Evans is pictured with Ballard in the photo at top.
At the same meeting, a check for $500,000 was presented by the University of North Carolina to match a $1 million gift from ECU alumnus Tom Arthur of Tampa, Fla., to fund a leadership professorship in the ECU College of Business. Pictured in the lower image Arthur, at left, is shown with Chancellor Ballard, College of Business Dean Stan Eakins and James Bearden, director of the Center for BB&T Leadership Development.
(Photos by Jay Clark)
Faculty from the College of Business have reported the following publications:
An article by accounting professor Denise E. Dickens, “Knowledge transfer among experts: lessons from audit partner rotation” appeared in the International Journal of Corporate Governance.
An article by management faculty Shanan Gibson, Bill McDowell and Michael Harris, “Examining Minority Business Enterprises as Government Contractors” appeared in the Journal of Business & Entrepreneurship.
An article by marketing and supply chain management professor Tracy Tuten, “Social media picture posting and souvenir purchasing behavior: Some initial findings,” appeared in Tourism Management.