Maintain a backup of your data and check it regularly. Departments can purchase CrashPlan backup software or employees can save important work files to their 40GB Piratedrive folder.
- Set your computer’s screen saver to lock when you leave your desk and require a passphrase to unlock. Shut down your computer at the end of the work day.
- Create a strong passphrase that is NEVER shared with anyone. Change your passphrase immediately if you think it has been compromised.
Even more ways to protest your ECU data!
- Encrypt sensitive information on your computer’s hard drive or when transporting via flash drive.
- Download the Identity Finder software to scan your computer for sensitive data.
- See these rules for storage and transmission of HIPAA, SSN, FERPA and PCI data. Report violations to the IT Help Desk, 252.328.9866 | 800.340.7081.