East Carolina University’s Student Affairs Development office is responsible for identifying, recruiting, and stewarding donors to meet the needs of our students through scholarships and awards and to supplement the costs of events, programming and services, otherwise paid for by student fees and state dollars.
Responsibilities: Department: Student Affairs Development
The Development and Corporate Sponsorship intern assists in all aspects of development, including researching current and prospective donors, updating donor profiles, social media outreach strategies, adding new profiles to the research database, and preparing donor packets for fundraising trips. The intern is supervised by the Director of Development for Student Affairs.
The Development and Corporate Sponsorship Intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Help maintain a Corporate Donor program, planning and coordinating solicitations, and managing the research, preparation and submission of all corporate requests.
- Provide organizational support, as necessary.
- Stewarding donors, including preparing & mailing acknowledgments and welcome packages.
- Maintaining the database, including creating and updating records and performing data integrity checks.
- Participating in meetings and compiling summaries.
- Create and update donor research records in donor and research database;
- Update donor profiles for call time and fundraising travel; Assists in the preparation for trips, creating donor packets and preparing the specific profiles, and materials needed for trips;
- Help with logistical preparation for local/regional events;
- Assist with affinity group event planning
- Attend all SA Development events
- Professional & responsible demeanor
- Interest in learning the details of University development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Database experience or accounting experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passion to make a difference and to help others
- Intern will gain an excellent overview of university fundraising and corporate sponsorship outreach.
- Intern will understand how fundraising finances the educational, and community impact work of a University division.
- Intern will learn how needs of ECU Student Affairs are messaged to individual and corporate prospects and donors.
- This is an unpaid internship.
- All internships are based out of our offices in Mendenhall Student Center
- Internships are a minimum 4 month (16 week) commitment.
- We are looking for individuals who can work at least 2-3 days a week, with a commitment of 10-20 hours per week.
- Please send all resumes and cover letters in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
- Please refer questions to our Student Affairs Director of Development, Zack Hawkins, via email at email@example.com or 252-737-4827.
December 8, 2014 | Leave a Comment
Northwestern Mutual has the highest financial strength ratings awarded to any life insurer by all four of the major credit rating agencies (ratings are subject to change.)
• A.M. Best Company A++ (highest), April 2013
• Fitch Ratings AAA (highest), August 2013
• Moody’s Investors Service Aaa (highest), July 2013
• Standard & Poor’s AA+ (second highest), June 2013
*Ratings subject to change
BA or BS degree from a four-year institution; strong interpersonal skills; self-motivated; history of personal success.
Enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly productive, value-driven environment? If so Northwestern Mutual Financial Network is the place for you!
December 8, 2014 | Leave a Comment
Description: Interns with the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network have the same opportunities to build their careers as full-time representatives. Like Financial Representatives, interns strive to understand their clients’ goals and visions in order to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to success. They are supported by our network of specialists, training programs and mentoring opportunities, and they have access to the resources, products and assistance they need to help their clients and build their practices.
See link below for additional information and contact details:
Myrtle Beach Tours is seeking a web content producer with social media skills for an internship summer 2015. Candidates should have superior writing skills, the ability to reach deadlines, as well as the ability to help brand the content as well as the company on social media platforms.
Myrtle Beach tours was founded to provide beach houses for student vacations. This company hosts over 6000 students per season in North Myrtle Beach.
MBT is a student company staffed by students. MBT places its interns on the front lines.
Office routines, beach game tournaments, event planning, communication management, overall business experience.
Housing provided-stipend for expenses-days off, nights off
May through June
On-campus interview-date to be determined.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
December 3, 2014 | Leave a Comment
Marketing, PR, and Event Planning Intern need for Speech Communication Center and the School of Communication for Spring 2015. We are looking for a creative, responsible, innovative, hard- working, and enthusiastic student to help plan and attend SOC and Speech Communication Center special events (CommCrew Banquet, Awards Ceremony, Recognition Ceremony, workshops, spring speaking event) and to work collaboratively with Speech Communication Center Director and staff members to market the Center to students, faculty and staff members across the ECU campus. Must be comfortable with social media (FB, Twitter, etc.), must be able to work independently and manage time well, must be goal-oriented, must be able to work well with media personnel, faculty and staff members, and representatives of ECU, must be polite. InDesign software knowledge helpful.
Please respond to Pam Hopkins email@example.com or 328-6717 to arrange an interview.