United Way of Pitt County is looking for a marketing intern for Fall and Spring semesters. Our non-profit organization works with almost 30 community agencies and 80 businesses to impact the areas of school success and workforce development.
· Implement marketing for special events, fundraising campaigns, activities, and office initiatives; including flyers, social media, presentations, press releases and web content
· Coordinate and participate in both community and United Way sponsored events
· Promote volunteer opportunities through our web-based volunteer tool: Get Connected
· Manage web content and social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
· Uphold United Way Worldwide brand standards
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop & InDesign specifically) & Microsoft Office applications
· Advertising/marketing experience or strong desire to learn; creative and functional design experience (preferred)
· Quality verbal communication (small and large group settings) and written communication (web, email, letters)
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to set and meet deadlines, prioritize and manage several projects at one time in a fast paced environment
Interested candidates should contact Melissa Adamson, United Way of Pitt County, at 252-758-1604 x210 or email@example.com.
The Greenville Montessori Parents group is looking for an intern to help with school/family communication, event planning and fund raising. The intern would work directly with the Parents group chair and would be responsible for creating a four page bi-weekly newsletter to be sent via email to families. The intern would help plan and publicize fundraisers including pizza bingo night, Christmas tree/wreath sales, and other events. The student would also help plan and publicize social events at the school like a pumpkin festival and star gazing night. The intern would attend monthly parents group planning meeting and serve as the secretary, taking and distributing minutes. Ability to work with social media and desktop publishing are important. Please direct all inquiries to Linda Kean, firstname.lastname@example.org. This internship pays a small stipend.
ROSELEAF ACADEMY INTERNSHIP POSITION
Roseleaf Academy, the only girls’ school in eastern North Carolina, is looking for a qualified intern to help promote the school. Duties include managing the website, assisting with Facebook and other social media, creating fliers and brochures, writing press releases and PSA’s, and helping with recruitment activities and events. Roseleaf Academy is located at 3383 South Green Street in Farmville and the school covers the cost of transportation. Applicants interested in the internship should send their resumes to email@example.com.
Public Relations Director
Restore One is seeking a PR Director who would begin January 2015. Restore One is a Greenville, faith-based nonprofit and will open the nation’s first shelter for male sex trafficking victims. It is a volunteer position. An application must be filled out in order to be considered. Ideally, the candidate will commit to at least a year with the organization. Those from journalism/PR backgrounds with previous communication-related internships or work experiences are encouraged to apply. Although much of the work can be done from home, attending weekly staff meeting is required. This is an unpaid position which can be done for credit through the SOC internship program.
The PR Director will head up the use of WordPress, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Hoostsuite. Being able to engage in media relations and create social media plans is also a part of the job description. Video production experience is a plus.
Contact Persida Montanez, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the position.
To apply fill out the form on Restore One’s website:http://restoreonelife.org/~restoreo/internship.php