April 21, 2014 | Leave a Comment
National Football League – Mount Laurel, NJ
Assist in the day-to-day operations of Traffic Department, located at NFL Films in Mt. Laurel, NJ, and provide overall support and coordination for NFL Network and associated ancillary networks produced events on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with all aspects of NFL Network Traffic Department, including copy management, log and billboard production and daily promotion schedule.
- Assist Senior Manager in production of weekly On-Air schedules, which includes programs, commercials, billboards and promos.
- Coordinate changes and prepare change notices when necessary and follow up with appropriate internal and external personnel to ensure the accuracy of change, including communicating with master control in Atlanta and appropriate departments.
- Assist Director of Database Management/Traffic in developing and standardizing program formats and coordinating distribution to NFL Network production personnel. Provide daily retrieval and reconciliation of post-air logs.
- Work closely with advertising sales staff to ensure accuracy of sales orders and their placement.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of the NFL Sunday Ticket Commercial log and subsequent reconciliation of post-air logs.
- Assist with reconciliation of post-air logs for various ancillary networks.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree preferred. At least 1-2 years experience in traffic environment preferred as well as sports event coordination.
SPECIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED
Proficient in MSA Gabriel Traffic System, understanding of NFL Network Traffic workflow, billboard creation, and copywriting. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Power Point with the ability to manage multiple tasks and produce under tight deadlines.
National Football League
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 27 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
The Live Nation – Raleigh Sponsorship Department is in search of a highly motivated, organized and most importantly, enthusiastic individual who is interested in learning more about the very heart of the entertainment industry! As an intern, you will learn about various aspects of sponsorship for Walnut Creek Amphitheatre and Red Hat Amphitheater This internship will include exposure to:
- Understand Sales Staff duties and responsibilities(including Show days)
- How to fulfill Sponsorship agreements
- How to Implement Sponsor promotions
- How to coordination ticket orders & tracking
- How to manage sales relationships with Marketing to compile media packages
- How to track Sponsor and venue media coverage
- How to recap success to a Client
This is a great internship opportunity in the Entertainment/Sales field. We are currently searching for a student in a qualified program to fill this internship position for the Summer Semester. The internship will be based at our Live Nation office at 3801 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh, NC and at the venues listed above on show days.
- This internship is for college credit and runs from April/May-September/October. It is a non-paid position with flexible hours to reflect the need of your college credit requirements. We prefer a minimum of 30 hours per week and flexibility with class schedule – in order to get the most out of this learning experience, must be able to participate in show days which include weekends.
Interested students can submit resumes and cover letters to the address below. You are encouraged to submit prior to April 30th. Any submission received after this deadline will be reviewed on a weekly basis until the opportunity is filled. Resumes and cover letters can be mailed to:
Live Nation – Raleigh
Attn: Jolene Anderson
3801 Rock Quarry Road
Raleigh, NC 27610
April 17, 2014 | Leave a Comment
NBA – New York, NY
This assignment will last approximately 6 months. The Project Employee will assist the senior members of the WNBA Communications Department (Directors, Senior Coordinator) with day-to-day operation of the office, promoting the WNBA’s basketball and non-basketball communications-related interests utilizing all of the league’s internal and external assets.
• Provide general assistance supporting all areas of departmental activity – assist at all major events including WNBA Draft, All-Star Game and Conference and League Finals
• Assist in maintaining department’s databases and archival information, including but not limited to media contacts, news clip files and player information
• Pitch basketball and non-basketball media stories with an eye on magazine/entertainment in the off-season and more basketball-related efforts in-season to help maximize media coverage of the league and its teams
• Assist with general administrative and research projects
• Coordinate collection and dissemination of player of the week information internally and to media
• Provide research assistance for annual publications such as the Pre-Draft Media Guide and the Guide & Register
• Promote WNBA’s community initiatives
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Willing to work flexible hours, often late and on weekends
• Detail oriented with an understanding of basketball
• Possess solid computing skills with emphasis on having experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook preferred
• Ability to take direction and meet deadlines; maintain the highly confidential nature of work at the league level
• Work effectively with all levels of staff, management, players, internal departments, and media
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining a keen attention to detail
• A self-starter who is ready to provide original and creative thinking as well as effort in order to further the goals of both the communications department and the WNBA overall
• 2+ years’ experience in public relations through internships or experience either as a project employee or full-time staff member
Educational Background Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: liberal arts, communication or journalism
NBA – http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_nba/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=4341&localeCode=en-us&source=Indeed.com&sourceType=PREMIUM_POST_SITE
April 17, 2014 | Leave a Comment
Hill & Knowlton, Inc. – New York, NY
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Internship Program
Hill+Knowlton Strategies accepts interns on an as-needed basis throughout the year. The internship is designed to introduce entry level candidates to the day-to-day business of a strategic communications firm and to help develop the essential written and oral communication skills required to conduct public relations activities. The internship is merely step one toward what will become a fulfilling career for many.
Established in 1924, H+K Strategies New York serves as the firm’s global headquarters. Our NYC location is one of the larger US offices and our practices include technology, healthcare, consumer, corporate, digital, media relations and Research & Data Insights (RDI).
Interns will be assigned to work with a mid-level liaison on their respective team. Assignments are generally made on the basis of staffing needs for each client account, but whenever possible, we will match the assignment with the intern’s personal skills and interests.
Duration: We require full-time availability throughout the program (minimum 40 hours per week) for at least 3 months. Part-time availability not permitted.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related (recent graduate)
· Previous PR internship or relevant leadership role at college/university
· Strong writing, social media, and research skills
· Desire for a career in PR!
Compensation: $15/hour + overtime eligible (+40 hours/week)
Application Instructions: If you meet the above qualifications, please send your resume and cover letter with availability date and practice group preference. There may not be an immediate need for an intern; however, please submit your application for future opportunities. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we ask that you please do not call the office or follow up on the status of your application. Thank you for your interest in H+K Strategies and we hope to connect with you soon.
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies
H+K Strategies offers senior counsel, insightful research and strategic communications planning throughout the world. We have 88 offices in 49 countries, and our clients represent 61 of Interbrand’s 2012 Top 100 Global Brands. 50 percent of global Fortune 500 companies have chosen to work with our firm, and our relationship with WPP – one of the world’s largest communications groups – gives us an unmatched worldwide presence.
Our firm has been in the wisdom business for more than 80 years, and our world-class teams of trusted advisors and creative experts have a wealth of experience in strengthening brands, reputations and bottom lines. Our teams collaborate across time zones, languages and cultures to engage in public conversations that help clients make solid decisions and craft compelling messages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hill & Knowlton, Inc.
NFL Team Jobs!
Here’s your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with an NFL team. If you are interested in working for an NFL Team participating in this program, please apply for a job under the “Open” flag, or create a new record under “Future Notification” where you will not be considered a candidate but will be notified of jobs as they are posted. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. To see how the hiring manager will view your application, click on “edit your information” and follow the instructions. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press “apply for this job.”
- For tips on applying for positions click here.
- Please click here to see a list of the positions that have been hired online.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS — The “Open” flag indicates that current job opportunities are available within the following categories or Click Here to see a list of ALL JOBS: