SpinMedia – New York, NY
VIBE Vixen Intern
New York, NY
SpinMedia is defining digital culture; publishing more than 40 leading brands whose original voices define their categories. SpinMedia reaches one in four millennials in the U.S. monthly through its portfolio of award-winning and influential brands including: SPIN, Celebuzz, Stereogum, Videogum, Buzznet, TheSuperficial, Idolator, PureVolume, Hype Machine, AbsolutePunk, What Would Tyler Durden Do?, SocialiteLife, Go Fug Yourself, Just Jared, Pink is the New Blog, Gorilla vs. Bear, RCRD LBL, TheFrisky!, Concrete Loop, Brooklyn Vegan and Punknews. As measured by comScore, SpinMedia is the largest digital publisher of entertainment news and the fourth largest digital publisher of original music content in the U.S. SpinMedia draws on original editorial content, deep audience engagement, and knowledge of the young adult audience to provide customized, innovative marketing and advertising solutions across its branded properties.
OVERVIEW OF DEPARTMENT
Vibevixen.com, VIBE Magazine’s sister brand, is visually engaging and highlights stories, service and products for and about young women of color nationwide. The site features informative how-tos, sophisticated fashion at a variety of price points, as well as enjoyable and enlightening articles on the latest trends in hair and beauty, celebrity style, health, dining, career, sex, love, and relationships — and more.
· The ideal EDITORIAL candidate is a writer/blogger with a highly developed editorial voice and a distinctly feminine perspective, who is comfortable covering beauty, fashion, or entertainment for our site on a daily basis.
· GRAPHIC DESIGN/PHOTO interns will manage galleries, research photos, publish all images for vibevixen.com, and assist on photo shoots. The ideal candidate is a graphic designer with a digital background and publishing experience (ideally WordPress).
· SOCIAL MEDIA interns will create online content for Facebook, Twitter, etc, comment and share on site activity, curate contests/giveaways, and create unique user content to engage readers and build followers. Ideal candidates have a background in marketing, public relations, or writing and a strong social media presence.
We are seeking intelligent, creative, driven and detail-orientated individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a deep love of all things pop culture who have a strong desire to learn in a dynamic and fun environment. A strong background in writing and editing; strongresearch, communication and organizational skills; and an ability to workwell under tight deadlines. INTERNS MUST RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN SPINMEDIA’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume and related work samples.
Live Nation Entertainment – Charlotte, NC
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live
entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four
market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts,
Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com
is the global event ticketing leader and one of the
world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 27 million
monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces
over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists
globally. Artist Nation is the world’s top artist
management company, representing over 250 artists. These
businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading
provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling
over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million
consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live
event and digital platforms. For additional information,
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an
entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward
thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment,
our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds
like you then please read on!
The Live Nation – Charlotte Sponsorship Department is in
search of a highly motivated, organized and most
importantly, enthusiastic individual who is interested
in learning more about the very heart of the
entertainment industry! As an intern, you will learn
about various aspects of sponsorship for PNC Music
Pavilion, The Uptown Amphitheatre at the NC Music
Factory, and The Fillmore Charlotte. This internship
will include exposure to:
- Understand Sales Staff duties and responsibilities
(including Show days)
- How to fulfill Sponsorship agreements
- How to Implement Sponsor promotions
- How to coordination ticket orders & tracking
- How to manage sales relationships with Marketing to
compile media packages
- How to track Sponsor and venue media coverage
- How to recap success to a Client
This is a great internship opportunity in the
Entertainment/Sales field. We are currently searching
for a student in a qualified program to fill this
internship position for the summer 2014 Semester. The
internship will be based at our Live Nation office at
707 Pavilion Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28262 and at the
venues listed above on show days.
- This internship is for college credit and runs from
May – August. It is a non-paid position with
flexible hours to reflect the need of your college
credit requirements. We prefer a minimum of 20 hours
per week and flexibility with class schedule – in
order to get the most out of this learning
experience, must be able to participate in show days
which include weekends.
Interested students can submit resumes and cover letters
to the address below. You are encouraged to submit prior
to April 18, 2014. Any submission received after this
deadline will be reviewed on a weekly basis until the
opportunity is filled. Resumes and cover letters can be
Live Nation – Charlotte
Attn: Kristin Judkins
707 Pavilion Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28262
If the above description sounds like you and fits your
background, apply online at
http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the
Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work
authorization which does not require sponsorship by the
employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal
employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital
status, physical disability, mental disability, medical
condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or
any other characteristic protected by state or federal
The preceding job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are
designed to place the most highly qualified persons
available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation
Entertainment may pursue all avenues available,
including promotion from within, employee referrals,
outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet
recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search
Req. Code : 5109
Division/Department : Live Nation Networks (Sponsorship)
Live Nation Entertainment
April 22, 2014 | Leave a Comment
East Carolina University, School of Dental Medicine
Student Internship Description, Spring 2014
The ECU School of Dental Medicine (SoDM) Department of Foundational Sciences and Office of Research is seeking a communication student for an internship for developing a promotion and communication plan, to include these tasks among others:
- Assisting in planning and conducting meetings to accomplish the work
- Researching and organizing content for web sites and other electronic media
- Promotion of department and research opportunities through various means
- Creating Excel spreadsheets and Power Point presentations
- Communicating with external constituents
- Conducting Internet research
Intern must be dependable, friendly, and eager to work. The SoDM uses Mac computers, but if intern is unfamiliar with Macs, assistance will be given. Knowledge of website design and/or program promotion will be a plus.
Contact Sharon Gordon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 252-737-7153
April 22, 2014 | Leave a Comment
MedThink Communications – Raleigh, NC
Who are we?
We are a healthcare marketing and communications agency with a passion for creativity driven by strategic insights. We believe in open communication, working hand-in-hand with our teammates, and great work.
Who are you?
You are a designer eager to stretch your wings on projects ranging from digital banners to pitch presentations. You’re enthusiastic, up for a challenge, and interested in learning how to push the boundaries of pharma advertising to unique and unexpected places.
What’s this internship all about?
The MedThink Creative Internship Program is an opportunity for students of varying creative backgrounds to get tangible experience in an agency that approaches healthcare differently.
This is a very hands-on internship. You won’t spend the whole time here cleaning up files or designing coupons. We want you to actively participate in design and development of ideas, and grow professionally along the way. You’ll support the creative team by generating concepts, designing and executing project tasks as necessary, and helping your team produce creative that rocks. Experienced creative leads will guide and mentor you, showing you how to translate your skills to real-life situations with real-life deadlines and client expectations.
Under the supervision of the creative lead, you will be expected to:
Provide Creative Department support
- Generate idea and designs for digital and print projects large and small
- Document meetings concisely and accurately
- Prepare production art/design files
- Research and recommend project backgrounders and design styles
- Perform photo/image research
- Prepare materials for presentations
Participate in professional growth and development
- Attend Company sponsored in-services and/or continuing education
Participate in other activities
Perform other job duties as assigned
Cross train in other positions as requested
What do I need?
- Current enrollment in an accredited College or University obtaining a degree in Graphic Design, Art Direction or a related field
- Excellent creative potential, an open mind, and a good imagination
- Team player mentality and willingness to go above and beyond
- Previous agency internship is preferred, but not necessary
What should I be able to do?
- Strong technical and executional abilities in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and responsive web design is a plus
- Enjoy exploring and problem solving
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects, requests, and responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Strong interest in typography, digital design, marketing and emerging media
How do I apply?
Applicants must submit the following materials for consideration:
- Portfolio of work (online or PDF)—Candidates without a reel/portfolio will not be considered. No large files via email please
- Cover letter introducing yourself and outlining why you want to be an intern at Medthink
- Resume detailing your education, work experience, and general skill-set
- Three letters of reference with contact name, position, company, phone and email. References will be checked
IMPORTANT: Please send all supplemental material (not resume) to email@example.com and include the position you are applying for in the subject line.