City of New Bern Public Information Office-Government Access Channel Spring 2013
The City of New Bern is interested in hiring an internship within our Public Information Office. Specifically, we are looking for an energetic intern to aid in the operation of our government access channel, City 3 TV. The goal of this channel is to show government at work through the cablecasting of information, alerts, pre-produced video programming and live government meetings.
The intern would report directly to me and share office space on the second floor of New Bern’s City Hall. The intern would learn how to:
- Design & upload bulletins & slides that run on City 3 TV (we’ve used PowerPoint, InDesign & Publisher to create)
- Record live meetings in the City Hall Courtroom chambers (we use Leightronix WinLGX programming software with a three camera setup and Vaddio control panel)
- Edit videos using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Produce & edit videos of city events & issues
- Engage the City’s 9 departments in usage of the channel & collect critical communications materials
- Outreach to the community to increase participation in City 3 TV
- Build daily programming rundowns
- Attend meetings and decide & develop strategic communications plans
- This is a paid internship.
Please contact Colleen Roberts at RobertsC@newbern-nc.org.