February 5, 2013 | Leave a Comment
PUBLIC RELATIONS / MARKETING INTERN
Skip Barber Racing School
Application Deadline: February 11
There are two paid rotating internship opportunities as a Public Relations/Marketing Intern.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Marketing team in executing various projects that support and enhance communication within the organization and externally with media, analysts, bloggers, customers and other stakeholders. Each candidate must be able to spend at least 10 hours in the Skip Barber Racing School Road Atlanta office per week (5290 Winder Highway, Braselton, GA).
– Bachelor’s degree (or working towards a BA) in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Graphic Design or related (Junior or Senior)
– Previous PR/Communications internship or relevant leadership role at college/university is highly desirable
– Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to speak articulately to external and internal customers
– Design/visual/artistic sensibility
– The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, and possess an understanding of basic media relations skills
– Understanding of social media channels and corresponding strategies with platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
– Knowledge of Adobe Suite is ideal.
– Basic HTML Knowledge
– Media Relations experience a plus!
Responsibilities may include:
– Graphic Design
– Assist in building a projects database to report current initiatives with sponsors like Lexus, Mazda, BFGoodrich, etc.
– Content creation for UniversityofSpeed.net and other external media partners
– Providing internal and external stakeholders with product info and imagery
– Help organize and execute PR events, such as contests, media tours, and photo shoots
– Assist in coordinating special events
– Assist in tracking/reporting advertising and digital initiatives
– Manage Flickr Page (www.flickr.com/skipbarberracingschool)
– Pitch local/national media to generate positive buzz about Skip Barber Racing School
– Coordinate with internal departments to respond quickly to customer needs, requests and problems
– Social Media Reporting
– Ad Value Reporting
– Brand Survey Reporting
– Assist in various duties as needed
– $7.50/hr plus a Skip Barber Racing School retail program (based on local availability)
Application Deadline: February 11, 2013