Description of duties
The Africa Bureau of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is looking for interns to help in the preparation of the following internal communication products.
The interns will perform the following tasks:
- Preparation of weekly clippings from African and international media.
- Assist in preparation of a monthly newsletter conveying UNDP’s activities in Africa.
- Perform other administrative and research duties as required for report launches and other events.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Functional Competencies: ·
Required Skills and Experience
- Enrolled in journalism, international development, political science or any other related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Web-based Content Management Systems (CMS);
- Sound knowledge of the African region and its key development issues.
- Very strong English writing skills and familiarity with journalistic style; knowledge of French an asset;
Conditions and eligibility
- Current student enrolled in a graduate programme
- Knowledge/experience in communication field preferred
- You have health insurance
- There is no remuneration or compensation for this internship
- Duration and working hours to be discussed.
Prospective candidates should apply on the UNDP jobs site
Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders).