July 2, 2013 | Leave a Comment
The American Hockey League – Binghamton, NY
Looking to build your resume and gain valuable experience? Looking to get your big break in sports? This internship is for you.
The Binghamton Senators are currently seeking Inside Ticket Sales interns for the 2013-2014 season. Our goal is to maintain an inside sales program that is beneficial to both the student and the organization. The most important department in any professional sports organization is the ticket sales department. Most jobs in the industry, especially most entry-level jobs, are in the ticket sales area. Therefore, it is imperative that those who wish to work in professional sports have a background, knowledge, and love for selling tickets and the ticket selling process. This internship will give the intern a vast knowledge of how professional sports organizations, especially minor league organizations, increase their ticket sales with season and group tickets. With this experience, you focus on the most important aspect of any professional sports organization, ticket sales. You will get real world experience in selling group tickets, mini-plans and other special promotion packages by making cold calls to potential customers.
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP, however there is the opportunity to EARN COMMISSIONS through sales. College credit accepted, though not required.
Hours of this internship vary from 8am to 8pm based on YOUR schedule. Very flexible hours, as you as work can commit to at least 15 hours a week.
• Learn ticket sales process, including cold calling, overcoming objections, and closing sales
• Make cold calls to individuals selling 2013-2014 full and partial season ticket plans, group tickets and special promotional packages.
• Keep daily record of all incoming and outgoing calls, including all personal sales
• Creating and maintaining ticket department databases and spreadsheets
• Maintain an organized profile of clients and prospects
• Develop and implement programs for lead generation
• Research and generate sales leads
• Provide customer service and implement customer relations programs both on and off site
• Assist in servicing season ticket holders and other clients
• Assist the sales staff in regard to their clerical duties
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Work at least 15 hours a week in the office PLUS all home games
• Work external events to help promote the Binghamton Senators
• Must maintain professional attitude and appearance, and willing to work hard
• Must be working towards a career in sports management
• Preference given to those who wish to work in sales in the sports industry
• Must have own transportation and a valid Drivers License
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions: 1. What timeframe are you looking to do the internship? Approximate start and end date
2. Are you able to work at least 15 hours per week? How many hours a week are you looking to work?
3. Are you looking to work in sports?
4. What interests you in this position?
5. Do you have transportation available to and from the arena? Do you have local housing in the Binghamton Area or be willing to move and live at your own expense?
The American Hockey League -