Public Relations Intern Frank PR – New York, NY
Frank PR – New York, NY
Payment is on an unpaid basis.
Overview of Position:
Assistant will provide general administrative and PR support to firm partners and other team members in the areas of PR, Marketing, Promotions, Event Management, and Traditional Media, New and Social Media, and Technology. Excellent opportunity to get exceptional training, gain new skills, & grow with a Public Relations Firm. We represent clients in a variety of industries including film, food, television, comedy and non-profit.
On a daily basis some of your responsibilities will include monitoring news and events, pitching the media, building press lists, managing status reports, and handling administrative tasks. You will also be encouraged to attend any events that we work on.
Candidate who has a journalism, communications, marketing, and/or PR background would be a good fit for this position. Current sophomore, juniors, or seniors.
– Must have strong PC skills and Technology/Social Media skills
– Good Writing/Grammar Skills
– Excellent Phone Presence
– Have the ability to coordinate calendar, meetings, special projects (as needed), etc.
– Must be very organized, multi task and flexible for changing
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Person should be enthusiastic, articulate, poised, and professional
– Enthusiasm for the entertainment industry
– Genuine interest in publicity/public relations
– Courses in Communications/PR preferred
– Previous industry experience preferred
Length of Internship: 3 – 6 Month Internship
Candidate must be available at least 3 days per week with the possibility of putting in more hours for special projects and events. Candidate also needs access to a Personal Computer with Internet Access to be able to work virtually.
Typical hours are 9am-6pm
Salary: Our for-credit internships are usually non-paid in lieu of school credit.