Merchandising Intern Burberry Limited – New York, NY
Burberry Limited – New York, NY
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Burberry is looking for Summer 2014 interns to work in our US Head Office located in Manhattan. Internships will be available in several departments within the business.
- Reporting : Assist Merchants with weekly reporting and take ownership of a classification of the Brit Menswear business.
- Competitive Analysis : Analyse the market in terms of fashion trends, positioning of competitors and customer needs through research in stores/online. Provide a comprehensive report with strategic feedback to Merchandisers.
- Market Prep & Buys : Assist Merchants with analysis before market and assist with order uploads and presentation files before and after the Buy Review. Understand the basics of buying.
- Other administrative tasks to support the Retail Merchandising department.
- Qualified candidates must :
- Be a matriculating college student
- Be available to intern at least three days per week from 9am – 6pm throughout the Spring Semester
- Independently secure housing and transportation to the New York Head Office
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong initiative and be proactive
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- An innovative and detail-oriented mindset
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience in the area of the internship
- A solid academic record
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || Merchandising || Merchandising – Menswear || n/a ||