Disney Internship- Communication- Fall 2017
New Vacation Operations External Communications Internship Fall 2017
Apply NowJob ID 470214BRLocation Orlando, Florida, United StatesJob Posting Company Disney Parks & ResortsJob Posting Area Walt Disney World ResortDate posted 06/28/2017
The External Communications team is responsible for enhancing and protecting the reputation for Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club and Adventures by Disney. This means helping us tell stories about business practices, community outreach and Disney’s commitment to the environment across multiple communication platforms.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit a writing sample. Please submit this at the time of application. You must also submit an electronic portfolio. Instructions are listed below under the Additional Information section.
A Day in the Life of…
Be a part of the solution by helping monitor the latest industry headlines, track and clip media coverage and conduct research.
Put your creative skills to work by writing press releases and blog stories and generating content for social media platforms and the public affairs website (www.disneycruiselinepublicaffairs.com.
Utilize your leadership and partnering skills by coordinating the distribution of company news and photo/video shoots.
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
- Strong writing and research skills and knowledge of the media
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Work experience in public, media, or government relations and/or print, television, or online newsroom
- Experience with photo/video shoots
- Proven experience with social media in a professional or academic setting
- Verbal and written fluency with Spanish
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or a related major
- 3.0 G.P.A. or higher is required
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2017 through January 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**
Your professional portfolio should showcase the following types of work:
- Writing: Professional writing, storytelling and copy-editing.
- Visual Communication: Photojournalism, videography and graphic design.
- Media materials: Media alerts, press releases and video news releases.
New Vacation Operations External Communication Internship, requires a writing sample in order for you to be considered for this role.
Your writing sample topic will be on the subject of the 2017 Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Awards. Disney Cruise Line was recognized with eight first-place awards, including the Best For Families and Best Overall Ship for both the Disney Dream and Disney Magic.
This link will take you to the official Cruise Critic press release which should help to get you started: http://www.cruisecritic.com/about-us/press-releases/124/
Your writing sample must consist of:
- Press release
- Blog post
- One Facebook Post
- One tweet
To upload your writing sample:
• Log into your dashboard at disneyinterns.com
• Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
• Click on the “Attachments” Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_NVOE Comm Writing Sample
• Select a document type of “Other”