North Carolina Democratic Party Fellowship Program– Deadline July 28, 2017
North Carolina Democratic Party Fellowship Program
With important municipal elections in 2017 and vital state and federal elections in 2018, the NCDP has started a six-month organizing fellowship program. Fellows will need to commit to at least 20 hours a week organizing an area until the election on November 7th, 2017. For the remaining three months of the program, the fellows will continue to work building relationships within the community, while the NCDP will be providing the fellows valuable trainings to have them prepared to work in a full-time capacity in 2018. This program is designed to fit around an individual’s schedule, allowing them to make their own hours.
• A passion to elect Democrats across the state
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Willingness and eagerness to learn and develop new skills on the job
• Team player
• Self-motivated and responsible to hit changing goals
• Knowledge of local politics
• Must have a laptop and reliable means of transportation
• Previous organizing and VAN experience is preferred
• Recruiting and training volunteers and building local volunteer leadership teams
• Leading local voter registration, persuasion, and get out the vote efforts
• Working with local County Democratic Parties and progressive partners to engage volunteers and voters
• Commitment to 20-hour work for the duration of the 6-month program
Following the completion of the program, all fellows who succeed in the program will be automatically entered into the application pool for the NCDP’s full time field positions for the 2018 election cycle.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Organizing Fellowship at ncdp.org/jobs. Hiring will occur on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Applications improperly submitted will not be accepted. The North Carolina Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.