ECU Alumni Association Marketing and Social Media Intern- Spring 2018- For credit
Marketing and Social Media Intern
ECU Alumni Association- For credit
The ECU Alumni Association is seeking a marketing and social media intern. We are looking for someone who is friendly, creative, thinks outside the box and is detail oriented with an interest in marketing and communication internship.
The marketing and social media intern will be responsible for creating and editing content for numerous alumni association projects and events. The primary role of this position is to assist with execution of the social media and communication strategies for the ECU Alumni Association. The intern will contribute to the planning and implementation of these strategies. Specific focus areas include: capturing and editing videos/photos for use on social media, creating print and digital marketing materials, and managing social media content and distribution across various university social media channels. Additional duties will include, but are not limited to: assistance with email communications, operating video and camera equipment, and on-camera marketing related responsibilities.
Student Learning Outcomes:
As a result of this opportunity, training, and work experience, the student intern will:
- Gain significant professional experience in using social media as a communication tool
- Gain videography and photography experience by interviewing subjects, editing files, and speaking on camera
- See direct results of communication efforts
- Develop skills by planning and implementing communication and marketing plans
- Diversify and enrich resume with marketing production, social media, and alumni relations experience
- Gain a working knowledge of marketing media, print, web, etc.
- Experience real-world work in a professional business environment
- Occasionally have opportunities to meet and interact with ECU students, alumni, and donors
- Interested students may send their resume and a statement of interest to Caroline Tait at the ECU Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252-328-0610 by January 31, 2018.