PCL Construction Bonner bridge project- Paid marketing/communication internship- Summer 2018- Apply ASAP!
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
We are seeking a Marketing/Journalism intern for our Transportation Infrastructure Group. The position is located at our Bonner project in Wanchese, NC.
- Assist with publicity efforts, including news/press releases and public announcements with various local media outlets such as the Chamber of Commerce
- Develop and leverage media contacts to create distribution to ensure reach to target audience
- Develop and distribute project articles, newsletters, mailers and email blasts to project team, company websites and to current and potential clients
- Assist with the production, organization and distribution of various visual materials for internal and external audiences, including photography, graphic design, page layout, and video
- Facilitate jobsite tours and training as applicable
- Assist with developing internal special events and coordinate community outreach efforts
- Help build PCL’s Social Media presence online (managing such sites as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, and other social media outlets)
- Review and edit various internal documents and marketing related material
- Provide support to the Marketing team with other special projects as needed
- Pursing an educational degree in advertising, marketing, journalism or equivalent
- Strong writing and editing skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Highly organized self-starter
- Intermediate computer, desktop publishing, and researching skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Photography, graphic design, and video production skills considered an asset
- Required to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with project personnel, suppliers, subcontractors and owners
- Employment with PCL is contingent upon passing a substance abuse test
- PCL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H1-B etc.) for this position.
- Local candidates preferred
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
PCL is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. We give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.