HYPERSPACE VENTURES Media and Journalism Internship 16 Week Fall Internship- For credit
Media and Journalism Internship
16 Week Fall Internship
Start Date | Monday, Aug. 13
End Date | Friday, Nov. 30
Hyperspace Ventures is seeking the services of an extremely passionate, driven, and hardworking
candidate to serve as a writer and digital media producer covering the the stories of successful
entrepreneurs and innovators. Beyond telling these incredible stories; interns will be creating
engaging and educational content for other entrepreneurs to help them succeed.
The Internship Program is ideal for individuals who want to learn about digital PR and content
marketing in a startup environment while taking a leading role on a handful of media and content
projects for the company and its clients. Interns will gather valuable experience in all facets of the PR
& digital marketing craft, from inbound marketing strategies to branding to growth hacking
Candidates must have an undeniable passion for media, journalism, marketing and
entrepreneurship. This position requires candidates to work together with a team of like minded
students. The team will work very closely together and with supervisors to constantly produce
content for Hyperspace Ventures’ website, blog, newsletter and social media channels. The content
will be designed to engage and educate entrepreneurs on how to build a successful business with a
focus on technology.
This position may possibly lead to a full-time paid position and will help the interns gain valuable
experience in the industry. While creating a robust portfolio, the interns will also make valuable
connections and develop both personally and professionally.
Hyperspace Ventures helps entrepreneurs change the world. We design, build, and invest in powerful digital products for startups and leading brands.
● Availability and commitment to work a minimum of 12 hours/ week
● Organized, responsible, self-driven and display ability to multitask and meet deadlines
● Creative, quick thinker and eager to learn
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a journalistic sensibility and
● Identifies, develops and writes stories with a compelling voice.
The Ideal Candidate
● Student interested in public relations, marketing communications, media and/or journalism
and eligible to receive course credit for working at Hyperspace Ventures
● Proven interest in business, innovation and entrepreneurship
● Interested in pursuing a career in business journalism, marketing, public relations and/or
● Communicates and connects well with people, who can provide insights and perspectives on stories.