Graduate Assistantship Opportunity – CET Advising Center Fall 2018- Paid
Graduate Assistantship Opportunity – CET Advising Center
The College of Engineering and Technology (CET) Advising Center is seeking a graduate assistant for the Fall 2018 semester, with the possibility to extend through the Spring 2019 semester, contingent on funding and performance. The graduate assistant would be expected to work 20 hours per week for about 16 weeks beginning on August 20th, 2018 and ending on December 12, 2018. Our office is housed in the Rawl Annex on ECU’s Main Campus.
The GA will be assigned to work with students within our College and specific initiatives within our Advising Center. This will include various academic advising components, including pre-admission, current student outreach, and departmental presentations, and with all degree programs within the College of Engineering & Technology. Some specific tasks the GA will be responsible will include:
- Assist advisors with Degree Works plan maintenance, implementation, and registration
- Engage in Starfish outreach for at-risk current students.
- Assist with part-way home student communication and connecting them with the appropriate advisors and resources
- Work with prospective students through various interfaces, especially face-to-face, email, and phone.
- Create and/or coordinate video tutorials to assist our students, especially our online population.
- Assist with the preparation of advising related presentations, handouts, and other paperwork needed for advising/College functions, such as Orientation, Open House, and Admitted Students Day
- This position may require presenting and/or participation at various College events
- Attend recruitment and outreach events at local NC community colleges to promote our transfer opportunities.
- Connect current students with graduate school and career resources
- Create various databases to assist advisors in evaluating student needs and outreach.
- Must be enrolled in an ECU graduate degree program for the Fall 2018 semester.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytic abilities, and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- This position requires the GA to frequently work independently.
- Candidate must have a strong computer background and experience with MS Office applications, as the position requires database building and maintenance, along with other forms of contact and coordinating for advisors.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Good report writing and documentation skills are mandatory.
- Ability to maintain focus and complete projects on time is key.
- Open to all graduate students; however students in a counseling, psychology, or communication graduate degree program, or a related field, preferred.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and copy of their unofficial transcripts. Please include “CET Advising Center GA” in the subject line of your email.
Documents required to apply: 1) Cover letter 2) Resume 2) Unofficial Transcripts
Optional Documents: 1) References