College of Education Mursion Sales and Marketing Graduate Assistant- Fall
College of Education Mursion Sales and Marketing Graduate Assistant
Mursion@ECU is pleased to announce a Graduate Assistantship position for the 2018-19 academic year. The ideal candidate will have high energy, be self-driven, and competitive. The candidate is preferred to have been admitted and enrolled in the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program at East Carolina University. Candidates pursuing other degrees will be considered, but, in those cases, must have a business-related undergraduate degree.
- Manage and execute campaigns to prospect, qualify and develop sales-ready leads through targeted outbound calling and emailing.
• Communicate with prospects using effective outreach methods via email, social media, and phone.
• Respond to inbound requests and schedule demonstrations/presentations.
• Prepare background material and market research in preparation for all meetings and appointments.
• Manage post-meeting follow-up such as scheduling follow up calls and assisting with other business activities.
• Maintain internal database to track key performance metrics and marketing activities.
• Develop knowledge of Mursion.
• Create a strategic outreach plan to target prospects.
• Attend networking opportunities to develop new prospects
• Collaborate to share market intelligence and customer feedback to help guide future development that drives customer acquisition and retention.
• Assisting Mursion@ECU and the Office of Assessment, Data Management, and Digital Learning with other duties as assigned.
- ECU Graduate Student
• Excellent organizational, presentation, and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams to maximize results
• Ability to analyze services, customer and market dynamics to determine greatest opportunities for sales and differentiation of opportunities.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Ability to communicate by e-mail, in person and by phone
• Ability managing multiple, competing priorities while working towards an established goal
• Ability to overcome challenges or obstacles in the moment
• Strong follow up and persuasive skills
• Confident, assertive self-starter who is extremely organized and goal driven
• 1st year graduate students are preferred to provide continuity for a potential 2nd year appointment upon recommendation by the Mursion Coordinator following a superior year one performance evaluation.
Hours: Must be available to work a consistent schedule of 20 or 25 hours per week within the ECU College of Education’s Office of Assessment, Data Management, and Digital Learning. The maximum number of assistantship hours that an ECU graduate student can work is 25 per week across all ECU jobs. Please note that this position requires a commitment of either 20 or 25 hours and thus limits the possibility of other on-campus employment.
Preferred Majors/Experience: Masters in Business Administration (MBA) Candidates; Experience in Sales, Marketing and Business is preferred; Must be able to commit to this position for both Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters.