2018-2019 Alumni Outreach Internship— Fall 2018— For credit
2018-2019 Alumni Outreach Internship
About the ECU Alumni Association
The ECU Alumni Association (ECUAA) was created to develop a spirit of cooperation and loyalty among alumni and to promote the general welfare of the institution. The scope of the ECUAA, which was organized by the classes of 1911 and 1912 in June, 1912, has grown tremendously as the alumni population has multiplied with a growing ECU. In order to keep pace with a rapidly developing university, the ECUAA was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in 1967. Since that time the alumni population has increased from 15,000 to nearly 180,000. Today, our mission is to inform, involve, and serve members of the ECU family throughout their lifelong relationship with the University.
About Alumni Outreach
The ECUAA’s Outreach Team performs numerous functions to support the organization’s mission including planning student engagement events to build relationships and prepare future Pirate alumni, regional events to engage alumni across the Pirate Nation, on-campus reunions to serve various alumni groups, and other activities and meetings for affinity groups.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director for Outreach, this position will provide an opportunity to increase your knowledge of planning and executing successful events. Position responsibilities include:
- Plan and implement the Golden Alumni Reunion (50th class year graduates) during Homecoming (Oct. 19-20).
- Plan and implement the Marching Pirates Reunion during Homecoming (Oct. 20).
- Plan and implement the Homecoming Pirate Doughnut Party (coincides with the Homecoming parade viewing at the Alumni Center) (Oct. 20).
- Plan and implement the Military Alumni Reunion (coincides with the military appreciation football game) (Nov. 2-3).
- Assist in planning and implementing events for affinity chapters including the ECU Women’s Roundtable (WRT) and Black Alumni Chapter (BAC).
- Assist in supporting regional alumni chapters (e.g., event planning, event announcements, funding requests).
- Support the overall efforts of the ECUAA Outreach Team to engage an alumni population of nearly 180,000 through assistance in developing, executing, and evaluating alumni relations events and programs such as Pirate Game Day Tailgates, reunions, and general engagement activities.
The Director for Outreach will work with the intern to match their interests with the needs of the ECUAA to determine and set goals.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision. They will meet deadlines and keep colleagues well informed as to progress and changes. The candidate must be professional, personable, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
Hours and Work Schedule
The internship will be a minimum of 10-12 hours per week during the fall 2018 and spring 2019 semesters. Some nights and weekends will be required but will count toward your work hours. Additional predetermined accommodations may be made based on the candidate’s internship needs.
Contact Dr. Mary Medina, Director for Outreach at (252) 328-1953 or email@example.com by Friday, August 10, 2018.