Greenville-Pitt Public Access Television Corp. Greenville, NC
Job Description for Station Manager
The Greenville-Pitt Public Access Television Corporation, Inc. (GPAT) is a nonprofit (501 c-3) public access television channel that serves the citizens of Greenville and Pitt County by providing them with universal access to non-commercial high-quality programming. It invests in programs and services that are informational, educational, community-focused and locally relevant.
GPAT seeks to hire a station manager in the spring, 2019, that will report directly to its Board of Directors. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To operate and manage the daily operations of GPAT, including scheduling and taping programs in the studio and on location, as needed; setting and executing the playback schedule on the channel, maintaining and updating the channel website, maintaining all station equipment and making recommendations to the board for equipment purchases, and representing the channel in the community through various events, meetings and board initiatives.
The Station Manager also assists the board with its various functions, including but not limited to, reporting to its funding agencies and supporters, community outreach and fundraising.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
* Two years of related work experience within a similar environment and with similar responsibilities.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong customer service and interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work with board and community members effectively and professionally with tact and diplomacy.
* Demonstrated organization and follow-through skills, as well as the ability to prioritize workflow, proactively manage multiple assignments and customers (internal and external) and demonstrate flexibility and time management capabilities.
* Demonstrated initiative and proactive behaviors relative to completing work, and meeting deadlines while working independently.
* Advanced thinking skills with the demonstrated ability to grasp and apply knowledge and relevant information in decision-making – exercising judgment, assessing situations, determining appropriate action, and following-through with limited supervision and direction.
* Advanced computer proficiency including extensive experience utilizing Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and utilizing/maintaining databases.
* Ability to learn quickly and apply new applications.
* Experience in digital or media industry.
GPAT has a commitment to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or status with regard to public assistance.