Source: University Archives Architectural Collection, 55-08-0043
Staff Person: Kacy Guill
The Austin Building was constructed in 1908 and 1909 and served for many years as the main classroom building and library at East Carolina Teachers Training School. The Austin Building also included the school’s administrative offices, including the president’s office, and an auditorium. The building was demolished in 1968 to make way for the Jenkins Fine Art Center.
The plan of the first floor of the Austin Building dates before 1914 when an east wing was added. A west wing was added in 1922.