Source: Daily Reflector Image Collection (East Carolina Manuscript Collection #741.10.e.14)
Staff person: Matt Reynolds
This is an image of Pitt County’s second bookmobile from the spring of 1956. Essentially operating as mobile libraries, bookmobiles were used to deliver books and other materials to areas that did not have traditional library buildings. These programs were especially effective in granting access to rural and housebound people. This particular bookmobile was manufactured by the Gerstenslager Company.