Everyone should make this New Year resolution – I will commit myself to make better lifestyle choices that enhance my well being. Yes, it is easier said than done! Check out the resources that can help you make your New Year’s resolution a reality and one that changes your life:
- ECU Campus Recreation and Wellness offers a free month to staff and faculty who have never purchased a membership. Membership has its advantages! Stay physically fit and active with the Adventure Program and other Programs And Services can help you become a healthy ECU Pirate!
- The ECU PASS Clinic is NCFLEX approved and provides low cost treatments in cognitive behavioral psychotherapy, healthy weight management, smoking cessation and women’s health.
Location : ECU, 311 Rawl Building
Contact Information: Appointments and information: (252) 737-4180
- Vidant Wellness Center seeks to improve the quality of life through wellness, disease management and fun.
Location, Contact Information and Hours: Ahoskie, Greenville , Washington
- The Aquatics and Fitness Center is an exercise/wellness facility operated by the Greenville Recreation & Parks Department and a membership fee is charged. However, some programs are open to the general public. This facility offers: Aerobic Classes (Step, Low Impact, Stretching, Circuit, Pilates, and abs), Wellness programs, Weight Lifting equipment, Cardiovascular equipment, Indoor Gymnasium for basketball and walking, Indoor Pool with Water Aerobics & Arthritis classes, Indoor Climbing Wall, a Supervised Kids Play Area, locker rooms, & a highly qualified staff.
Location: 921 Staton Road, Greenville, NC
Contact Information: (252) 329-4041
- Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program through Walgreens that smokers can personalize with customized tools and tips during their journey to quit. After completing an online consultation, a smoker can access tools that help track successes and slip ups, earn badges, celebrate milestones and access expert information and tips 24/7.
- MyFitnessPal.com offers a free online program to track your food intake and exercise. A free app is also available for iPhone and Android users so you can log everything even when you are on the go.
- Take charge of your health / Information is the key : A wealth of information if you need to research a disease or condition, lookup a symptom, learn about a test, or prepare for a surgery or a procedure.
- The ECU Brody School of Medicine, Office of Prospective Health offers a wealth of information regarding fitness, exercise trails, nutrition, and informational links.
- Eat Smart, Move More NC: Your source for tips and information to help you eat smart and move more every day.
- No gym necessary: Fitness experts share their four favorite anywhere exercises.
So Get Going! Stop Procrastinating! I am cheering you on to be a healthier you!