Today is the last “official” day of Staff Appreciation Week! There are still plenty of events happening today and tomorrow so be sure to take advantage! The Staff Senate Rewards and Recognition Committee did a terrific job making sure we (staff) had a wonderful week full of special events, discounts and a great deal of gratitude. A big tumbs-up to them!!
Today is the last day to use your Meal Voucher ($7.25 value). And you can still take advantage of one of these awesome events:
Friday, April 11th
Free movies at Hendrix Theatre for the entire family: 3:00 pm Frozen, 9:30 pm Saving Mr. Banks
Pirate Equipment Sale: 6:00 pm, A wide array of Pirates’ gear from past years will be available for purchase inside Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium – jerseys, pants, gloves, and other assorted items.
Friday Night Movie at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium: 7:30 pm The Nut Job. You may sit in the stands or on the field to enjoy the movie. Concessions will be available. No outside food, beverages, or chairs permitted. Those sitting on the field may bring blankets for their seating area.
Saturday, April 12th:
2014 Purple/Gold Spring Game : 2:30pm Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium: Free admission
Free movies at Hendrix Theatre for the entire family: 7:00 pm Saving Mr. Banks, 9:30 pm Frozen
Also, don’t forget about all the wonderful local businesses that joined our Staff Appreciation celebration by offering discounts to staff with valid 1Cards:
- Frames by James: 20% off all ECU prints (115 Red Banks Rd.).
- The Flower Basket: 15% off (2904 E 10th St.) Be sure to mention “ECU Staff Appreciation” for discount.
- Sup Dogs Restaurant: 10% discount all week (213 E. 5th St.)
- Sweet Pets: 10% discount all week, excluding flea treatments and dog food (1913 E. Firetower Rd.)
- Rum Runner Dive Shop: 15% discount on retail purchases (4054 S. Memorial Dr.)
- Fish Fish Fish: 10% discount on retail purchases (703 Washington St, Plymouth).
- Mack’s Furniture Warehouse: 10% off lowest sticker price. Not valid with other discounts (1809 Dickinson Ave.). Valid through April 30.
- Jackson Banquet Hall: 10% of Sunday – Thursday rental (1807 Dickinson Ave.). Valid for any available date in 2014 if booked before April 30.
- University PC Care: 10% off labor charge (1909 E. Firetower Rd)
- Seahorse Restaurant: 20% discount on meal purchases (2301 Stantonsburg Rd.)
Keep a look out next week to see if you were the lucky winner of some of the terrific gifts we are giving away (all staff are eligible and automatically entered):
Signed Carolina Panthers team lithograph football (donated by Carolina Panthers)
- Pandora bracelet with 2 charms donated by Bailey’s Fine Jewelry (511 Red Banks Rd.)
- $20.00 Gift Card at Sup Dogs Restaurant (213 E. 5th St.)
- Beta Fish Set-Up – $25.99 value from Sweet Pets (1913 E. Firetower Rd.)
- $50.00 Gift Certificate from Firetower Work Shoes (675 W. Firetower Rd.)
- Two $10.00 Gift Certificates from Tripps Restaurant (420 Red Banks Rd.)
- Gift Certificate for One Free Entrée from Marathon Restaurant (706 Evans St.)
- 4 admission tickets to Sylvan Heights Waterfoul Park (500 Sylvan Heights Parkway, Scotland Neck)
- 2 sets of two tickets for ECU vs. NC Central on August 30 (donated by ECU Athletics)
- $100 CareBucks gift card at University PC Care
- $25.00 gift certificate for Seahorse Restaurant
- Free Chips and Entre at Chili’s Too (Valid at East Campus location only)
On Wednesday, we had our annual Staff Appreciation Health Walk. The weather was beautiful and the turnout was impressive. Over 100 people completed the 1/2 mile walk and received their FREE limited addition Staff Appreciation t-shirt and FREE Dasani water! We also had several wonderful gifts for the drawing, and many of the vendors had drawings and gifts as well!
Lastly, this week we had two UCFS Forums. These were not Staff Appreciation Week events however, during the East Campus Forum, many faculty members publically expressed their gratitude towards staff, and many of those comments were included in The Daily Reflector article on Wednesday. There should be no doubt about how valued and appreciated staff are at ECU!