The nomination process for the 2014-2015 Staff Senate is officially open.
Do you know a full-time, permanent SPA, CSS or non-teaching EPA employee who is a team player; ambitious, driven, dedicated to ECU, an advocate of communication and who wants to be part of the change as we take ECU into the next year? Then please nominate them for our ECU Staff Senate (self-nominations are also welcome!)!
Senators are elected to a two-year term and alternates to a one-year term and we have vacancies in the following divisions, beginning in May, 2014:
- Chancellor’s Division – 2
- Academic Affairs – 2
- Administration and Finance – 8
- Athletics – 2
- Health Sciences – 7
- University Advancement – 2
- Research and Graduate Studies – 2
- Student Affairs – 2
ECU benefits from a community of employees who value shared-governance and promote open and transparent communications between the staff, administration and leadership. During these challenging times, it’s even more important that the staff of ECU have a voice in decisions that influence our careers and future.
If you are interested in the Staff Senate, don’t wait for someone else to nominate you, nominate yourself!!
Senators have the responsibility to be the “voice” of their peers when attending and participating in monthly Senate meetings (missing no more than 3 per year), committee work and other university activities.
Some recent accomplishments of the Staff Senate include:
- Sponsoring the Employee Appreciation Week activities and events
- The Health Fitness Walk
- Managing two separate scholarship programs for staff children of staff
- Providing input to Chancellor Ballard on staff concerns
- Staff Forums
- Working with Human Resources to review, update and implement policies that are in the best interest of the staff
- Providing input to our UNC President, Thomas Ross
- Attending the ECU Board of Trustee Meetings
We are looking forward to a terrific year and look forward to working with our new Staff Senators! Come and make a difference with us!!
To nominate yourself or a fellow employee to serve as an ECU Staff Senator, please click here.