We are excited to announce that our opening date for the new Student Health Services (SHS) at the Health Sciences Student Center IS NOW OPEN!!!
Our staff are excited to be able to get to know students on the Health Science Campus better and be available for medical services that are convenient to class, study space, and recreation opportunities. The new Health Sciences Student Center is a beautiful addition to the university.
Hours of operation for summer:
Hours of operation for fall:
2nd floor, Health Sciences Student Center
Things to know:
- SHS will have various services to offer at the Health Science location, such as Primary Care (illnesses, injuries, physicals, annual wellness exams, wound care, gynecological visits, birth control services, medication refills) and Nursing Services (immunizations, titers, drug screens, TB skin tests, asymptomatic STI screenings, dressing changes, suture removals).
- Appointments can easily be made by calling 252-328-6841 or in person. We hope to have online scheduling available soon.
- Students are encouraged to make an appointment at our main campus clinic for: radiology, colposcopy, allergy injections, sexual assault exams, nutrition appointments, travel immunizations. (Due to space issues, we are unable to offer these services at our Health sciences location). Unsure if we can accommodate your need at the Health Sciences location? Just ask when you call to schedule your appointment.
- Students who receive prescriptions at their visit can have them sent electronically to their pharmacy of choice. Of course, prescriptions can be sent to our main campus pharmacy if you would like your medications filled by SHS.
- Students can receive care at either SHS location, regardless of academic program or area of study. SHS does not provide service for alumni, dependents, staff or faculty.
- Any charges that are due will be charged to the University Cashier, as no money and credit cards will be accepted at the Health Sciences location. We will continue to accept Blue Cross Blue Shield, Student Blue (the Student Health Insurance Plan) and MedCost plans as we do at our main campus location.
- All of our appointment and eligibility policies at main campus Student Health will apply to our location at Health Sciences. These policies include but are not limited to: ECU 1Card required for service, a fee for missed appointments, students arriving 10 minutes or more late will be asked to reschedule, etc. For a list of FAQs about our services, visit http://www.ecu.edu/cs-studentaffairs/studenthealth/about_us/questions.cfm
Do you have specific questions about our new location? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To schedule an appointment, call us at (252) 328-6841.
ECU Student Health Services