Arghhh You Unsure about ECU?!
Choosing which college to attend for the next four years is a huge decision, and a hard one to make for many. For those of you who have not yet submitted your deposits confirming your enrollment at a college, I want to share with you just a few of the reasons I decided to join Pirate Nation:
1. PIRATE PRIDE
I’ve heard so many people say that the school atmosphere is why they chose ECU. I have never found a school as proud and as spirited. You can yell “PURPLE!” anywhere on campus and know 100% that you’ll get “GOLD!” in return. I made my first group of friends after cheering and screaming my head off at an ECU football game. Everyone owns a piece of purple and gold formal wear and sports a mean pirate hook. The people here are also generally down-to-earth–something you don’t always find at other schools. We are students dedicated to service and a sense of community.
2. TOP-NOTCH ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
This year, the Princeton Review named ECU one of the best colleges in the Southeast. This is probably due to the following reasons:
- ECU’s Brody School of Medicine is the number one producer of family physicians, and the 2014 “Best Doctors in America” list includes 49 BSOM physicians.
- ECU’s nurses work in 98 of 100 NC counties, and the College of Nursing among 8 in the nation to be named a Center of Excellence.
- ECU not only offers marketable degrees but affordable degrees.
- ECU has a brand new School of Dental Medicine, known for its service-learning centers all over the state.
- ECU is the leadership university.
- ECU’s Honors College is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with–the average high school G.P.A. of incoming Honors College students is 3.92!
- ECU’s Chamber Singers recently placed 2nd in the 45th annual
Tolosa Choral Competition in Spain.
And so much more… (P.S. You can check out all of this information here.)
3. THE HONORS COLLEGE
Being accepted into the Honors College means receiving a scholarship for tuition, priority registration, the opportunity to go on free living-learning trips everywhere from the Durham Performing Arts Center to Kings Dominion, and so much more. In addition, if you are chosen to be an EC Scholar, you are given ECU’s most prestigious scholarship and a full ride to college. The Honors College also offers scholarships for Business Scholars and Early Assurance in medicine, physical therapy, nursing, occupational therapy, and audiology. Being an Honors College student has not only given me a scholarship, but unlimited opportunities on campus and a supportive Honors College family.
4. LOW TUITION
As far as colleges go, ECU is affordable–especially if you live in-state. Also, if you see medicine in your future, ECU’s Brody School of Medicine has the lowest tuition out of any medical school in the country for in-state students.
As you turn in your enrollment deposits, I strongly encourage you to think about ECU!! It has been the best decision I have ever made, and I couldn’t imagine going to school anywhere else. 🙂