Alright Orientation goers, for those of you who are unsure about where to go on your first day of orientation, you will check-in at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium between 8:00 a.m and 9:45 a.m. At check-in, you will receive an orientation schedule and other materials. If you get there early you will have the chance to take a tour of our main campus; and if you are staying on campus for the evening you may catch one of our ECU buses to check into the Residence Hall.
PLACEMENT TESTS! You will be taking the mathematics placement tests DURING orientation.
If you received a 540 or higher on the math portion of your SAT, a 20 or higher on the ACT, or a 400 or higher on the SAT Level LLC you are not required to take the math placement test.
Students who are interested in taking Spanish must complete a placement test before enrolling in SPAN 1001. However, we do offer placement tests in French and German as well.
What should you bring with you to orientation?
- A valid driver’s license, state-issued ID card, passport, or military ID
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Alarm clock (if staying in the residence hall)
- Sweatshirt or sweater (Air conditioning can be too much of a good thing)
- Backpack or book bag
- Academic sessions
- Small-group meetings
- Introduction to college life
- Entertainment and campus life information
- Placement test
- Class Registration
These are the dates still OPEN for New Student Orientation
- Wednesday-Thursday, July 9-10 – Orientation Session 8
- Monday-Tuesday, July 14-15 – Orientation Session 9
- Wednesday-Thursday, July 16-17 – Orientation Session 10
*Important Reminder: The orientation confirmation and parking pass will be emailed to the student’s ECU email address. Because of the limited number of students who can be advised on a given day and in order to have materials available when you arrive, it is imperative that you attend on the date confirmed for you.
Office of Student Transitions
210 Mendenhall Student Center