What does this mean for you?
- Your mailbox size increases to 25GB
- The ECU email login remains the same: mymail.ecu.edu
- Current emails, contacts and calendar events automatically transfer to the new inbox
- Lync replaces Messenger
- Your Microsoft Skydrive/ECU email accounts split into two separate accounts
- There is no storage (like Skydrive) associated with your new ECU email account
- After the transition, you will no longer be able to view email directly from the OneStop email tab. However, the OneStop link will navigate to mymail.ecu.edu.
What you need to do before July 3
- Upgrade older Windows operating system to XP or above (www.ecu.edu/microsoft4students/)
- Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or higher (Windows)
- Upgrade to Safari 5 or higher (Mac)
- Back up Skydrive documents – Skydrive becomes your personal account July 5
How does this upgrade affect Skydrive?
After the upgrade, you will have TWO accounts:
- Email, calendar and contacts through mymail.ecu.edu. This account is supported by ECU
- Skydrive will change to a personal account through skydrive.live.com. The passphrase for this account will no longer synch with your ECU email. ECU will not be able to help you with this account. For more information, visit
- The Office apps and any documents created using these apps remain in the Skydrive account. You may wish to back up your Skydrive documents to Piratedrive or your computer before July 3
After the upgrade is complete
- Your email login WILL NOT CHANGE mymail.ecu.edu
- Skydrive becomes your personal account. The SkyDrive login is skydrive.live.com and will no longer synch with your ECU passphrase (the Skydrive password will stay the same unless you manually change it).
- From Outlook, click the Home link at the top of the screen to find the Lync Online installation link, Outlook configuration options and more
- If you need help at any time, call the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 | 800.340.7081. For more information, visit the website at http://www.ecu.edu/itcs/email/upgrade2013.cfm