December 18, 2017
Tech Tips and Reminders
Mac users and those who work with sensitive data
- Mac users, the latest macOS, High Sierra, is not yet compatible with several ECU tools, and we urge users to WAIT before upgrading. As with previous OS installs, this is a permanent change – the fix for any incompatibilities is to wipe the hard drive.
- Work with sensitive data? Please be reminded that several information types are restricted as to use and storage. Check the ITCS Sensitive Data Grid for data types, requirements and approved storage. We are all responsible for protecting the information in our care.
Voice Mail Management Transitions to Cisco Unity Web
Cisco web interface gives additional access to voice messages and settings
Effective February 5, 2018, faculty and staff voice mail management switches from Microsoft Outlook Web App to the Cisco Unity Connection system. Voice mail messages will still be available from your email inbox and telephone on or off campus. With the addition of Cisco Unity, you’ll be able to access messages and configure settings through this new, easy-to-navigate interface. After February 5, staff will no longer be able to reset a PIN, change a greeting or other option from the piratemail.ecu.edu options.
Through the Cisco Unity interface, you can
- Listen to messages
- Reply to messages
- Forward a message
- Send a new message
Configure voice mail settings
- Record your name
- Manage your standard, alternate or holiday greetings
- Enable a notification device
- Create a contact list for a standalone, generic voice mail account
- Create a private list for sending voice mail to a group
Change your PIN
The voice services team urges all users to log in to the interface before February and update their PIN. A PIN is used when checking voice mail or managing settings through a phone (252.328.9870).
Log in to the Cisco Unity Connection Web Inbox at https://ecuu1.intra.ecu.edu/inbox/.
- Click the Settings tab
- Choose Change PIN from the Passwords drop-down
- Type in a new PIN (digits only)
- Re-type the PIN to confirm
- Click the Save button
Want to know more? Visit the voice mail resources page for details.
Need help? Call the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 | 800.340.7081 or submit this service request.
ECU’s Xtender Imaging System Upgraded
Image Capture scanning for paper documents now available
Xtender, the ECU administrative imaging system used to scan student, human resource, finance and department documents was recently upgraded to include Image Capture, a new software that scans paper documents for upload to Xtender.
If you already had the Xtender Internet Explorer components installed on your PC, then Image Capture was remotely installed during the upgrade and should show in your Start menu. If your PC is ever replaced, log in to the ECU Download Center for the Image Capture software and reinstall manually.
Training Opportunities and Self Help for Xtender 8.1
- The Xtender website. Xtender 8.1 how-to PDF guides now available from the website.
- Cornerstone course. An Xtender 8.1 course now open to all faculty and staff. Log in to Cornerstone and search, Xtender, to register for this 20- to 30-minute session.
- Student training. The Cornerstone course is available for anyone in PDF format on the Xtender Announcements page.
Have a specific question? Submit the Xtender service request, and a technician will contact you.
Multi-Factor Authentication for Student Email
Self Enrollment now through February 13
Students will be configuring their email accounts for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) during February 2018. This means that log in will require not only a passphrase but a response from a device.
Now through Tuesday, February 13, MFA enrollment is voluntary. After the voluntary enrollment period is over, student groups will begin receiving an email one week prior to mandatory enrollment.
Once a student receives his or her enrollment date, at least one of these methods of authentication must be configured:
- phone call
- text message
- mobile app
After MFA is enabled for an account, it cannot be accessed until MFA is configured.
For more assistance, students can always call the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 | 800.340.7081 or visit the nearest Pirate Techs location: Joyner Library 1101 | HS Student Center 211.