ITCS Information Security launched its Employee Best Practices in Information Security awareness training earlier today through an auto-generated Cornerstone email from InfoSec@ecu.edu. This launch was first announced in the February 2, ECU Official memo from Chief Information Security Officer, Jack McCoy, and explained that all faculty and staff have been automatically enrolled in the training and that subsequent announcements would notify users when the training became available.
There has been some concern expressed regarding the legitimacy and formatting of this morning’s message, and we apologize for any confusion this message may have caused.
Additionally, we include browser recommendations and a four-step login process here for those who may have never accessed Cornerstone or had difficulty loading the training module earlier due to a browser incompatibility.
Get Started with Cornerstone
Open the appropriate browser for your operating system, then follow these four steps to log in to Cornerstone.
- Windows: Internet Explorer
- Mac: Firefox
- Navigate to http://www.ecu.edu/itcs/cornerstone/.
- Click the Faculty/Staff Login button. The ECU login page opens.
- Type in your PirateID and passphrase and press Sign In. Your Cornerstone dashboard opens.
- From the My Training section, click the Launch button beside the Employee Best Practices in Information Security title.
If, at any time, assistance is required, users should call the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 | 800.340.7081.