WebEx serves as a feature-rich web conferencing tool for ECU users. On Friday, June 30, 2017, ITCS finalizes the transition from our current “on premises” version to the new WebEx Cloud. After this transition on June 30, the on premises WebEx version will no longer be available.
WebEx Cloud continues the convenience of Outlook scheduling, desktop sharing, audio or video calling, and adds several NEW features:
- Your personal meeting room – the meeting URL is always the same
- Mobile hosting and attendance – host a meeting from your mobile device
- MS Office integration – start a quick meeting from a Word document
- Browser integration for IE, Chrome and Firefox – start a meeting, share a web page
You Can Transition Now
WebEx Cloud is now live, so you may wish to start using the new interface. Also, after June 30, any scheduled meetings or recordings stored on the WebEx “on premises” server will no longer be available, so you will need to manually move these items as soon as possible.
Get Started with These Four Tasks
Complete these four tasks before the June 30 transition:
Explore your virtual personal meeting room
- From webex.com, click the log In link under the ECU logo. Your personal meeting room opens.
- Click the floating arrow at the top to open the menus.
- Choose the My WebEx tab to access your profile, preferences and support.
Install WebEx Cloud productivity tools
- First, uninstall the current WebEx productivity tools on your computer (this is important).
- Click the Meeting Center tab.
- From the Support drop-down, choose Downloads.
Manually reschedule any meetings in the current WebEx version to WebEx Cloud as they will be unavailable after Friday, June 30.
Download any recorded meetings from WebEx on premises to Piratedrive or OneDrive storage as they will be unavailable after June 30. Both Piratedrive and OneDrive are approved for storage of FERPA information with Piratedrive approved for other sensitive information as well.
- Log in to the on premises WebEx: ecuwebex.edu.edu.
- Click the Recordings.
- Click the drop-down menu beside a recording. Choose Download.
- The recording downloads to your computer.
- Save recordings to your ECU online storage, then remove recordings from your computer.
Have questions or a problem? Submit a WebEx Teleconference Support service request.
To learn more about WebEx Cloud, visit the WebEx Meeting Center Help Central website.