Instructors: Frequently Asked Questions
- Are temp files stored on my computer? Yes, temp files are stored on your computer. Tegrity temp files are located at C:/windows/temp/Tegrity/. Also, Recording files are saved to the local computer as well in case they need to be uploaded. They’re located at C:/programdata/Tegrity/Recordings.
- What happens if I do not end my Tegrity recording? A Tegrity recording will not stop and process until someone stops the recording and select Upload. Please make sure you end all of your recordings. Once a recording is processing, you do not need to wait for it to upload before logging out of Tegrity.
- Can I reorder the list of recordings on my Tegrity homepage? Yes, but only by changing their date. Click here for more info: Reorder recordings
- How do students access MP3 files if I enable that setting for my course? On the students “class recordings” page for your course, in the bottom right there will be a headphones icon. Clicking the icon will take the students to a page that contains a MP3 file for each recording.
- Can I disable the “Ask your Instructor a Question” feature within the Student View? No, the Ask you Instructor/Email feature cannot be disabled. *Please note that the viewer must supply the Email address field, it is not pre-populated with an instructor email address. The subject of the email message will contain specific text so you can filter those messages into a folder if needed. Example, subject line “Ginny sent you a Question for Tegrity 1000″.
7. Can I toggle between the Instructor Video and an image during a Tegrity recording? No, the Tegrity Recorder only allows either the Instructor Video or the use of a still image during a single recording. Multiple Tegrity recordings could be used to achieve this effect.
- How do I access Tegrity Recordings? Tegrity Recordings are accessed within your Blackboard Course. Courses participating in the Tegrity Pilot will have a Tegrity Classes link in the left navigation panel.
- How do I start viewing a recording? Once you click the Tegrity Classes link you will open the Class Recording list for your course. Click on the Title of the recording to open the recording file.
3. Why won’t my recordings play?
A problematic playback may indicate a problem with the network connection. Click the following links to run a diagnostics test:
Click this link for more information, https://help.tegrity.com/what-do-i-do-if-my-recording-wont-play.html