Word Press is an open source web application designed – a tool for creating and publishing blogs. It is a platform that performs the role of an interactive website, with comments and activity tracking allowed (if you choose). Think of WordPress as a collection of information, discourse, content, discussions, and more. It allows users to create both static and dynamic web pages. Along with using WordPress for course information, or even a course site for students, it can also be used with departments and groups to share information and updates on projects.
Educational uses and benefits:
- Allows for the creation of static web sites
- Allows for the creation interactive web sites
- Can be used for tutorials, conferences, clubs, etc.
- Can be used for group activities
- Can be available to everyone or restricted to a group
- Can be use for academic courses or departments