Below are the steps for submitting a blog site request form:
- To request a WordPress site, please submit a Help Ticket. (Screenshot above.) 1) Include the name of your proposed site. 2) Include the username(s) of those who will have the role of administrator. Please see below for a summary of user roles.
- Example of a Site Title: ITEC2000 Fall 2015
- Example of a Site Title: Summer Abroad 2015
- Administrator – nothing is off limits
- Editor – has access to all posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, and links.
- Author – can write, upload photos to, edit, and publish their own posts.
- Contributor – has no publishing or uploading capability, but can write and edit their own posts until they are published
- Follower (public sites) / Viewer (private sites only) – can read and comment on posts and pages
Once you get an email confirmation that your site has been created, go to Settings on your menu bar to the left (dashboard). Then go to Reading and scroll toward the bottom to Site Visibility. If you would like your site searchable by search engines like Google, click the “Yes” box; however, look at the other options. Note: You can always go back and change this option at any time.