Yammer is ECU’s internal communication platform. It allows for conversation, questions and collaboration within a private ECU social network. Yammer has been described as Facebook + Twitter for the enterprise. Think in terms of using Yammer to ask the network participants questions, share what you are doing and share your ideas.
Yammer can be accessed using your ECU username and password and offers web access, desktop apps and mobile apps for reading, reviewing and posting. Click Here to login to start using Yammer.
Things to know about Yammer
Yammer is made up a network and many groups. The network is accessible and viewable by anyone with a working ECU email address. This includes all faculty, staff and students. Knowing this, we created a private group that only includes all faculty and staff. So, this is where the majority of the faculty and staff conversation should take place. We want to separate faculty and staff conversations from faculty,staff and student conversations. Once you have logged into Yammer look on the left-hand side of the page. In the GROUPS area you will see a ” Faculty and Staff ” group. Click inside this for faculty and staff group to participate in the conversation.
Learn about Yammer
Yammer Support Videos
- What’s Yammer? 6 minute introduction to Yammer
- Posting / Updating Yammer – Learn how to update Yammer and how to reply posts.
- Following other Users – Learn how to follow other users on Yammer.
- Using Yammer in the Classroom – Learn about how you can take advantage of Yammer to facilitate course conversation.
- Creating a Yammer Group – Learn how to create and manage a Yammer group.
- Joining a Group – Learn how to search and browse the Groups area.
- Building your Yammer Profile – Building and managing your Yammer profile.
- Following key terms ” Topics” – Learn how to follow key terms of interest.
- Sending Private Messages – Learn how to send and receive private messages.
- Your Yammer Feeds – Learn about the difference between “My Feed” and ” Company Feed “.
- Notifications – Learn about the Notifications area and how to limit or expand the amount of messages you receive in your email inbox.
Yammer Company Videos – These are official company Yammer videos. All are short and to the point. Definitely worth a watch.