After our upgrade last week, we have some known issues. Troubleshooting and finding a solution to these issues is priority.
- Copy & paste function in a text box in Blackboard does not work when pasting from a web page using Firefox as the browser. Please try Google Chrome. Copy & paste from a Word doc works. (see below for details from Bb)
- Course drops are not currently dropping in Bb. We are working w/ the vendor on this issue right now. This is our top priority.
- “Last Visited” feature does not working correctly. Fix is coming out in June.
- Slow/sluggish when logging in and/or adding or accessing content. Clicking F5 to fix this.
COPY and PASTE problem info from Bb.
In Firefox, Cannot Paste text into Content Editor that was Copied from Firefox
Product: Blackboard Learn
Service Pack: 9.1 SP13 (9.1.130093.0), 9.1 SP14 (9.1.140152.0)
Issue Description: Users are unable to copy and paste content from Firefox to the Content Editor.
Steps to Replicate:
- Open Firefox with two tabs
- In one tab, go to any website
- In the other tab, access Learn as an administrator
- Within Blackboard, access any course
- Enter announcements tool and create an announcement
- From the other tab, copy any text from the website
- Go back to the Learn tab and attempt to paste the content into the Content Editor within Blackboard (using ctrl+V)
The text is pasted into the Content Editor.
Nothing is pasted.
- Paste the text into another program, like a text editor, then copy it again from that program and paste it into the Content Editor. Alternatively, another browser can be used.
- Make changes to the advanced configuration in Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Go to about:config
- Type in “dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled”
- Double click the search result item to toggle value from “true” to “false”
Target Release: Blackboard Learn April 2014 Release
Patch Available: No
Please let one of us know if you have any questions. The Blackboard Support Team…