McGraw Hill Blackboard Plugin Integration
The McGraw Hill Connect building block is now active on our Bb production server. If you have used the McGraw Hill Connect service in the past you can now link back the scores from Connect into your ECU Bb course site.
Resources and Links / Support
- WORD DOC of directions Pairing McGraw Hill with Bb (exact same directions as listed below)
- Video on how to pair your Bb course to Connect (video example)
- PPT on how student registrar for MC Blackboard and MC student registration
- Support – Matt Long email@example.com / 252-328-9074
Here is how:
Step 1: Sign in and go to your Blackboard course.
Step 2: Click “Tools.”
Step 3: Click the “McGraw-Hill Higher Education” tool (you may need to scroll down).
Important: If you do not see the “McGraw-Hill Higher Education” tool in your Blackboard course, follow the steps highlighted below in yellow to make the tool available in your course. Please contact your campus Blackboard administrator if you need assistance with making the McGraw-Hill Higher Education tool available.
Step 4: Click “Pair your Course with a Connect Section” and then click continue
Step 5: Enter your Connect username (email address) and password. Click “sign in.”
Step 6: You can choose to pair the Blackboard course with an existing or new Connect course. Make your selection and click submit. Follow the instructions to complete the pairing process.
Step 7: Your Blackboard course will be paired with the Connect section at the end of the process. You can begin assignment creation or deploy your existing Connect assignments to Blackboard.
Step 8: If you are utilizing multiple courses in Blackboard for each section of your course, repeat the process above to pair with each Connect section in your course.
Instructions for making the McGraw Hill Higher Education Tool Link available:
Step 1: Click Customization (on your Course Management Control Panel)
Step 2: Click “Tool Availability.”
Step 3: Make sure that all CONNECT (except Connect Yard, this is not a MH product) and McGraw-Hill Tools are set to “Available” and “Available in Content Area”. Individual schools’ Bb will vary as to which Tools are available to be clicked
Deploying your Connect Assignments into your Blackboard Course
Step 1: Click on the Content Folder in which you would like to house your Connect assignments.
Step 2: Select “McGraw-Hill Assignment” from the Create Assignment dropdown list.
Step 2: Choose the assignments to add; click “Add Assignments” to deploy into Blackboard. Click “Submit”.
Step 3: Select the destination folder for the content, choose group structure, grade version and click submit.
Step 4: Your Connect Assignments are now integrated with your Blackboard Course!
Creating new Connect Assignments via Blackboard:
- Go to “Content” or Course Materials. Under Create Assessments, select McGraw-Hill Assignments.
- Click on the Create New Assignment button.
- You now are in Connect; create your assignment.
- When you get to the ASSIGN page – notice you have a Bb deploy button; default is set to always deploy the assignments to your Blackboard account
- Walk through the Add McGraw-Hill Assignment screen.
- Click Submit and the Connect assignment(s) will be integrated into your Blackboard course!
Adding the Library(eBook), Tegrity, LearnSmart and More to your Blackboard Course
Step 1: Create a New Content folder, name it and set Available To Users.
Step 2: Click the New Content area, click “Publisher Content” or “Build Content” and then Click “McGraw-Hill Content”
Step 3: Click McGraw-Hill Connect
Step 4: Click the tool you want to add.