Ariana “AJ” Jackson, Senior- W. Basketball
Major: Criminal Justice
Q: What would you like to do with your major?
A: I will be attending graduate school for recreation and park administration. I want to work with underprivileged and troubled kids by helping bridge the gap between criminal justice and recreation. I would like to teach these kids different sports and show them how sports can be a gateway out of a troubled life.
Q: How do you manage your athletic, academic, and personal responsibilities?
A: I try to balance my time wisely and stay on top of everything. School and basketball comes first for me, so any extra time I have is dedicated to taking care of myself.
Q: Do you have a quote or philosophy that you live by?
A: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~Dr. Seuss
Q: What has been your best moment (to date) while playing for ECU?
A: I made the C-USA first team all academic last year
Q: What advice would you give to future ECU student-athletes?
A: Learn how to balance your time. Don’t get caught up in stuff that won’t take you on the right path. Also, focus on graduating and staying on top of your athletic game.
- Born in West Palm Beach, FL
- Attended Suncoast Community High School in Rivieria Beach, FL
- Has one older brother, Sean Jackson
- Loves shopping for sneakers
- Favorite color: Baby Blue
- Favorite food: Chicken wings
- Favorite movie: Spice World
- Best vacation: Going to Hawaii last Christmas with the team for a tournament