Kelly Derby, Senior-Volleyball
Q: What would you like to do with your major?
A: I will be attending graduate school for my master’s in Counselor Education. After I graduate, I would like to be an elementary school counselor.
Q: How do you manage your athletic, academic, and personal responsibilities?
A: Time management and setting my priorities. My parents have always emphasized the importance of an education, so it has been instilled in me since I was a kid.
Q: Do you have a quote or philosophy that you live by?
A: “Live for today, because tomorrow is never promised”.
Q: What has been your best moment (to date) while playing for ECU?
A: Winning all-tournament team 3 times this season.
Q: What advice would you give to future ECU student-athletes?
A: Try not to let the pressure of everything get to you. There is enough time for everything and there are plenty of people available who want to help you.
- Born and raised in Chapel Hill, NC
- Attended Chapel Hill High School
- Has an older brother and younger sister
- Likes to hang out with friends, listen to music, and dancing
- Favorite color: Pink
- Favorite food: Chocolate
- Favorite movie: Love & Basketball
- Best vacation: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico