Kirstie Russell, Junior- Women’s Diving
Major: Public Relations
Q: What would you like to do with your major?
A: Currently, I am trying to find different types of internships in marketing and public relations to work at this year and next. Eventually, I would like a career in radio or the music industry.
Q: How do you manage your athletic, academic, and personal responsibilities?
A: I have developed a good routine. I allow time for class and practice, while maintaining time for my friends.
Q: Do you have a quote or philosophy that you live by?
A: Everything happens for a reason.
Q: What has been your best moment (to date) while playing for ECU?
A: During freshman year, I had a diving meet at Old Dominion University where I broke the 1 meter freshman record.
Q: What advice would you give to future ECU student-athletes?
A: Don’t be afraid to ask for help from professors. Also, introduce yourself and let them know you’re an athlete and what sport you’re involved with. There are a lot of professors willing to help those who ask.
- Born and raised in Albany, NY
- Attended Bethlehem Central High School
- Is an only child
- Likes to spend time with friends and fellow teammates. Likes to get away from the pool and hang out.
- Favorite color: Green
- Favorite food: Sushi
- Favorite movie: Little Mermaid
- Best vacation: When I was in high school, I was involved with a program called People to People and we took a trip to China. We went to local schools and spoke with the kids. We also had the chance to go see tourist attractions.