Instructions for Poster Presentations
Poster Creation, Printing, Submission (Printed)
The following links will help you in creating your poster for Research & Creative Achievement Week. All posters need to be 3’ x 4’ and may be presented in either landscape or portrait format. For your convenience, Landscape and Portrait poster template files are available for you to download and add your content.
- Landscape poster template in PowerPoint (http://core.ecu.edu/umc/postertemplates/RCAW-Poster48x36landscape.pptx)
- Portrait poster template in PowerPoint (http://core.ecu.edu/umc/postertemplates/RCAW-Poster36x48portrait.pptx)
- Poster printing, guidelines and tips (http://www.ecu.edu/cs-itcs/posterprinting/index.cfm)
- Please submit your poster files by March 17, 2017 at the latest to allow for adequate time for printing. March 17 is just two weeks before the start of RCAW. Printed posters can be picked up in Austin 103. NOTE: Please enter RCAW Poster in the Additional Information box on the form to avoid a charge for the poster.
- Depending on the final dimensions for a printed poster, you may need to trim your poster. Posters are printed on paper that is 42 inches wide, so you will need to trim about six inches to achieve the 3ft by 4ft dimension.
- Please contact the Walk-In Help Desk (Austin 103) if you have poster questions. 252-328-5401 (8:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
Students may print posters for RCAW at no charge (only for RCAW purposes), through the large format poster printing service offered by ITCS in Austin 103. For assistance with this printing service please use the following link http://www.ecu.edu/itcs/posterprinting/, and contact Matt Powell (email@example.com) or Marilyn Linton (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this poster printing process. Use the purple “Submit for Printing” button for the free ITCS Austin 103 printing. There is also a Laupus Library link on the web page, but there is a poster printing charge for Laupus Library, or any poster printing other than ITCS, Austin 103. NOTE: Please enter RCAW Poster in the Additional Information box on the form to avoid a charge for the poster.
- Posters must fit on a 3ft x 4ft poster board. Easels and poster boards will be provided for you. Please bring your own push pins. Posters may be presented in either landscape or portrait format.
- Check in at the coordinator table to pick up your packet and your name tag before your poster presentation time.
- Graduate students may bring your poster to display in Mendenhall room 221 and the Social Room, as assigned in the schedule for your particular poster, on Sunday, April 2nd, after 6:00 PM, or on Monday, April 3rd, 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM. Please continue to refer back to this section for specific information about set-up and poster drop-off/pick-up.
- Graduate Posters should remain on display through Tuesday morning. Please pick up your graduate poster from the display by noon on Tuesday. You are responsible for picking up your poster. All graduate posters remaining after noon on Tuesday, April 4th will be disposed of, as we can no longer keep these for you.
- Undergraduate students should set up your posters either Tuesday evening, April 4th, after 3 PM or Wednesday morning between 7:30 and 8:30 am in either room 221, 2nd floor Balcony/Gallery space, or the Social Room, as assigned in the schedule for your particular poster.
- Undergraduate Posters should remain on display through Thursday morning. Please pick up your poster from the display by noon on Thursday. Any remaining posters after noon Thursday will be disposed of, as we can no longer keep these for you.
- Plan to be present at your poster during the time slot in the presentation schedule (typically 2 hour blocks), so that you may provide a 5-6 minute presentation to the judges.
- Judging scores and comments will be emailed to you.