Instructions for all Poster Presentations
Poster Creation, Printing, Submission (Printed)
The following links will help you in creating your poster for Research & Creative Achievement Week. All posters need to be 3’ x 4’ and may be presented in either landscape or portrait format. For your convenience, Landscape and Portrait poster template files are available for you to download and add your content.
- Example of Online Poster PowerPoint Presentation.
- Landscape poster template in PowerPoint (http://core.ecu.edu/umc/postertemplates/RCAW-Poster48x36landscape.pptx)
- Portrait poster template in PowerPoint (http://core.ecu.edu/umc/postertemplates/RCAW-Poster36x48portrait.pptx)
- ITCS Poster Submission Page (http://www.ecu.edu/cs-itcs/posterprinting/submitposter.cfm)
- Poster printing, guidelines and tips (http://www.ecu.edu/cs-itcs/posterprinting/index.cfm)
- Please submit your poster files by March 17, 2014 to allow for adequate time for printing. Online poster files should also be submitted by March 17, 2014. Printed posters can be picked up in Austin 103. NOTE: Please enter RCAW Poster in the Additional Information box on the form to avoid a charge for the poster.
- Depending on the final dimensions for a printed poster, you may need to trim your poster. Posters are printed on paper that is 42 inches wide, so you will need to trim about six inches to achieve the 3ft by 4ft dimension.
- Please contact the Walk-In Help Desk (Austin 103) if you have poster questions. 252-328-5401 (8:00 am to 6:00 pm)
The 2014 Conference offers two options, printed posters for face-to-face, and non-printed PowerPoint for online presentations. Below are directions for the face-to-face option .
Students may print posters for RCAW at no charge (only for RCAW purposes), through the large format poster printing service offered by ITCS in Austin 103. For assistance with this printing service please use the following link http://www.ecu.edu/itcs/posterprinting/ , and contact Charlie Justice (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this poster printing process. NOTE: Please enter RCAW Poster in the Additional Information box on the form to avoid a charge for the poster.
- Posters must fit on a 3ft x 4ft poster board. Easels and poster boards will be provided for you. Please bring your own push pins. Posters may be presented in either landscape or portrait format.
- Check in at the coordinator table to pick up your packet and your name tag before your poster presentation time.
- Graduate students may bring your poster to display in Mendenhall room 221 and the Social Room, as assigned in the schedule for your particular poster, on Sunday, March 30, after 6:00 PM, or on Monday, March 31, 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM to set up. Please continue to refer back to this section for specific information about set-up and poster drop-off/pick-up.
- Graduate Posters will remain on display through Tuesday afternoon. Please pick up your graduate poster from the display by 3pm on Tuesday. You are responsible for picking up your poster on Tuesday afternoon.
- Undergraduate students should set up your posters either Tuesday evening, April 1, after 6 pm or Wednesday morning between 7:30 and 8:30 am in either room 221 or the Social Room, as assigned in the schedule for your particular poster.
- Undergraduate Posters will remain on display through Thursday afternoon. Please pick up your graduate poster from the display by 3pm on Thursday. You are responsible for picking up your poster on Thursday afternoon.
- Plan to be present at your poster during the time slot in the presentation schedule (typically 1 hour or 1 ½ hour blocks), so that you may provide a 5-6 minute presentation to the judges.
- Judging scores and comments will be campus mailed to your home department in bulk.
The 2014 Conference offers two options, printed posters for face-to-face, and non-printed PowerPoint for online presentations. Below are directions for the Online option .
You may present your Poster Presentation online via the Conference website this year. Your poster will be uploaded to a blog page on the Conference site and you will have the ability to answer questions and address comments on the page. You will be required to monitor your Online Poster Presentation page and respond to questions and/or comments beginning March 27th through April 4th. Two poster templates are available in the Poster Creation, Printing and Submission area above. Click the link to either the Landscape or Portrait template file to download the template and add your content.
Please save your Online Poster Presentation file in PDF format (in PowerPoint go to File > Save As and select PDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All online poster files should also be submitted by March 17, 2014. When submitting your file, please type Online Poster in the subject line of your email. If you have any questions with the online poster process, please contact Derrick Isler at email@example.com.