Service Level Agreement
Users of ECU’s WordPress Web Hosting services are subject to this Service Level Agreement (SLA) which outlines the responsibilities of Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) and the customer, and provides some general information on the guidelines.
Web Standards and Responsibilities
Owners are responsible for following the guidelines below.
The Web Standards and Responsibilities page contains the following five sections:
- Section I: Content Responsibilities & Requirements
- Section II: Web Accessibility Standards
- Section III: Minimum Page Requirements
- Section IV: Development Standards & Data Usage Requirements
- Section V: Storage of Student Information or Assignments on University Websites
In addition to the standards and responsibilities above, website owners are required to follow the regulations and guidelines found on the Web Compliance page.
This general section of the WP SLA and all requirements listed herein will apply to all WordPress environments. ITCS is the owner of the service, but the customer is the owner of the content on the website.
Responsibilities of User
- Only use the site for its intended purpose.
- Provide the name, phone, and email for 2 points of contact (POC) for your site
- Management of Plugins (Deactivate unused plugins, Plugin configuration, etc.)
- Bi-annually POCs will receive email requesting that their site be reviewed to ensure they are still in compliance with the SLA and web regulations
- If the site is no longer needed, the site should be reported for removal.
Responsibilities of ITCS
ITCS is responsible for:
- The maintenance and upkeep of the underlying site software and infrastructure.
- Provide basic training on how to use our services.
- Provide basic troubleshooting for any issues with third party plugins. This is a best effort.
- Regularly evaluate all plugins and themes, and remove or replace them as necessary.
- Regularly remove sites that meet the removal criteria outlined in this document.
- Regularly backup site database and files.
- Offer restore service from our backups of the site.
- Send educational information to POCs semi-annually
ITCS is NOT responsible for:
- Maintaining or creating any content
- Any copyright infringements caused by the unauthorized use of copyrighted material
- Migration of any and all content out of the web hosting service.
- Only pirateID accounts allowed.
- No anonymous comments.
- No file uploading allowed outside of the media library
- Customer may not implement a content management system, course management system or mail hosting service